Home  |  Contacts  |   Links

Follow us : 


About the Public Debt Office (PDO)




Bonds Issues



Market Markers Program

Investors Relations

IMF Arrangement

Nonfinancial public sector debt represents the 39.9% of GDP

As of November 30, 2018, the nonfinancial public sector (NFPS) external and domestic debt totaled US$31,434.5 million. This amount represents 39.9% of the estimated GDP1.

The 67.5% of the NFPS total debt corresponds to external debt, which presented a balance of US$21,226.5 million, while the remaining 32.5% corresponds to domestic debt, which totaled RD$511,506.61 million, equivalent to US$10,208.0 million, at the exchange rate of RD$/US$=50.1083. These amounts represent 26.9% and 13.0% of the estimated GDP, respectively. Of the total domestic debt, US$2,726.7 million (3.5% of GDP) is intragovernmental debt, indebtedness between governmental institutions, such as the bonds issued by the Central Government for the capitalization and recapitalization of the Central Bank.

For more details, see the Public Debt Statistics as of November 30,2018

1/ Nominal GDP base 2007, consensus between BCRD, MH and MEPYD according to the latest framework revised as of September 6th 2018, RD$3,954,408.9 million, (US$78,820.8 million).